It’s a new year and I wanted to share some of the great genealogy books that I have been reading.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Addicted People: Handling Your Genealogy Addiction
- The Art of the Blog View: Blogging for the Future in an Uncertain World
- The Blank Tree: Coming to Terms with Illegitimacy
- Creating Better Descendants: Offspring Planning as a Tool for a Better Genealogy
- Digital Genealogist: Hiring an Artificial Family Historian
- Eye Wide Open: Myths, Legends and Your Relation to the Royal Family
- Genghis to Great: Creating a Fantastic Family Tree
- Group Consciousness Explained: Why Thinking as One Brain Hurts Your Research
- History Shock: Coping With the Torrid Pace of Historical Discoveries
- Inevitable Evils: Researching the Dark Side of Family History
- The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Census Record: And Other Cynical Genealogy Tales
- Our Social Network, Ourself: Looking for Records in All the Wrong Places
- Overcoming Y-DNA Problems: Understanding and Living with Untested DNA
- The Pinch Point: Why Your Family Trees Doesn’t Branch
- The Social Life of Your Information: Under Control or Loose in the Wild Wild Web
- Sync or Sink: Managing Your Family Tree Across Dozens of Devices
- Ten Degrees: How Kevin Bacon is Related to You Within Ten Generations
- The Translucent Society: Digitized Genealogical Records at What Cost?
- Unlinked: Pruning the Family Tree
- Unweaving the Malarkey: $#@%! Your Grandmother Told You
These books can be purchased at A-Squared, the new joint venture between Amazon and Ancestry. If you buy the e-books they will send you the complimentary dust jacket that can double as a screen protector for your tablet.