In celebration of November 11th, 2011, 11-11-11, I will be writing all month long about my favorite things in groups of 11.
I actually have more than 11 favorites for this category so I will have two installments.
Here are the first set of 11 favorite New England Ancestors:
- Edward Clark (1622-1710) & Dorcas Bosworth (1622-1681) - [Haverhill, MA]
- The beginning of my wife's Clark line in America with Viking DNA
- John Putnam (1580-1662) & Priscilla Gould (1585-1662) - [Salem, MA]
- Infamous connection to the witch trials
- John Hoar (1616-1704) & Alice Lisle (1624-1696) - [Concord, MA]
- Gateway ancestor to royalty
- William Lewis (1602-1671) & Amy Weld (1620-1673) - [Roxbury, MA]
- Nathaniel Whiting (1609-1682) & Hannah Dwight (1625-1714) - [Dedham, MA]
- Nathaniel Colburn (1615-1691) & Priscilla Clarke (1615-1692) - [Dedham, MA]
- William Frothingham (1603-1651) & Anna (1607-1674) - [Charlestown, MA]
- James Kidder (1626-1676) & Anna Moore (1630-1691) - [Billerica, MA]
- Shadrach Thayer (1629-1678) & Deliverance Priest (1644-1723) - [Braintree, MA]
- Henry Adams (1583-1646) & Edith Squire (1587-1672) - [Braintree, MA]
- Connection to at least two presidents
- Richard Sylvester (1605-1663) & Naomi Torrey (1614-1668) - [Scituate, MA]
Though none of these folks came over on the Mayflower, most of them were immigrants. You could say that they came over on the "Second Boat".